- Top Standing Workstation Reviews
- WHY BUY A STANDING WORKSTATION?
- Watch this excellent timelapse video of a guy building a Jarvis standing desk
- How to Use a Standing Desk
- Best Standing Workstations Reviews
- #1 Choice Standing Workstation – Jarvis Electric Adjustable Height Desk Frame
- Standing Workstation – VIVO Ergonomic Standing Height Adjustable Electric Desk Frame w/ Dual Motor
- #1 Choice with Table Top Standing Workstation – ApexDesk Elite Series 71″ Wide Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk with Table Top
- Standing Workstation – Ergo Elements Raisable Desk with Electric Programmable Button Base
- #1 DIY Raisable Desk – HighRise Electric Height Adjustable Table Base for Sit-to-Stand Desk
- Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat
- Standing Workstation Reviews Conclusion
Top Standing Workstation Reviews
Standing workstation reviews should start with adjustable height workstations, adjustable height desk toppers – like the Varidesk Pro Plus or Varidesk alternatives, desk top workstations that are height adjustable without a spring loaded option, and electric desks that raise up and down. In this article we cover electric desks – like the Jarvis – or standing desk workstations that raise up and lower the entire desk to get you onto your feet.
You can buy an adjustable desk frame to make a DIY standing desk by combining an electric adjustable frame with your own desktop for a cool DIY solution, or you can purchase a pre-fab frame/top combo that can go to work with a little assembly required.
WHY BUY A STANDING WORKSTATION?
Because YOUR HEALTH IS in danger!
Sitting all day is not good for you. You know it. you feel it… that’s why you are researching raisable desks. You want to get up and move around more, but you are glued to your computer. We get it.
Moving around is your intention, but it you rarely make a move. An electric adjustable desk lets you get onto your feet and off of your behind. With so many office workers getting the Sitting Disease – it’s clear that you need to get out of your chair and onto your feet more than you normally do.
What Reseachers Say about Sitting too Much
Today, our bodies are breaking down from obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes, cancer, depression, and the cascade of health ills and everyday malaise that come from what scientists have named sitting disease.” ~ James Levine, MD, PhD
Prolonged sitting should be considered within occupational health and safety policies and practices just like other elements of posture.” ~ British Journal of Sports Medicine
For people who sit most of the day, their risk of heart attack is about the same as smoking” ~ Martha Grogan, cardiologist, Mayo Clinic
YOU need to find ways to move around. If you buy and adjustable desk, you can get up and onto your feet more. Go ahead and take the plunge. Almost everyone who buys an adjustable height computer desk or desk topper wishes they had done it earlier.
Watch this excellent timelapse video of a guy building a Jarvis standing desk
Picking out the right standing desk isn’t difficult. There are many models to choose from that include either full standing desks with tops or desk frames that accommodate a desktop of your choice. Most have similar reviews – most work very well, and most will get the job done. Price and size are the biggest features to look for, so always read what other people say about the size and compare that to your price point. You’ll find an affordable option that’s right for you.
How to Use a Standing Desk
Benefits associated with standing at work are vast, but it’s recommended to ease into using a standing desk.
If you’re going to start doing so, most experts recommend splitting your time between standing and sitting, because standing all day can lead to back, knee or foot problems. The easiest ways of accomplishing this are either using a desk that can be raised upward or a tall chair that you can pull up to your desk when you do need to sit. It’s also important to ease into it, they say, by standing for just a few hours a day at first while your body becomes used to the strain, and move around a bit, by shifting your position, pacing, or even dancing as you work. – Smithsonian
Best Standing Workstations Reviews
Here are some of our favorite Varidesk competitors in the standing workstation & diy adjustable height desk category. When you are ready to dive into standing at work, any of these stand up desk options will be a great addition to your desk life world & the 40 hours you spend in front of a computer each week.
#1 Choice Standing Workstation – Jarvis Electric Adjustable Height Desk Frame
The Jarvis Electric Adjustable Height Desk Frame is a solid base to build a workstation on. This adjustable desk frame that can accommodate most table tops. It has adjustable desk legs that can raise or lower depending upon your needs.
- The height of this unit adjusts from 23.25 inches to 48.75 inches.
- This sit-stand frame can support up to 360 pounds.
- Can support table tops 44-82 inches wide and 24-36 inches deep.
- Four memory pre-set heights can be set using the digital display.
- Fast Movements – You can adjust the height in just one and a half seconds to go from sitting to standing.
- Telescoping Bar – A telescoping cross-bar is included with this desk frame, even though it is not advertised.
- Warranty – There is a seven-year warranty on all frame, electrical, and mechanical components.
- Assembly – This can take a bit of work to put together. Set aside at least an hour for the job.
Standing Workstation – VIVO Ergonomic Standing Height Adjustable Electric Desk Frame w/ Dual Motor
You can go from sitting to standing in just a few seconds with this sit and stand workstation with adjustable desk legs. It allows you to work in comfort in standing and sitting positions, which is beneficial to your health.
- The legs are three-piece and telescopic for height adjustment, and adjust quickly.
- The controller touch screen has customizable settings for just the heights you want to work at.
- There is loads of support, and this unit will hold up to 220 pounds.
- This frame will work with table tops ranging from 40 to 90 inches long and 24 to 44 inches wide.
- Movability – You can easily add casters to this frame, making it easy to move around.
- Easy to Use – Just press a button, and the frame will raise and lower to your specified height.
- Warranty – There is a one-year warranty against all manufacturer defects.
- Screws – The screws are metal screws, and this unit should have wood screws for better stability.
#1 Choice with Table Top Standing Workstation – ApexDesk Elite Series 71″ Wide Electric Height Adjustable Standing Desk with Table Top
Here is an adjustable standing desk that is a bit different from the rest. For one thing, it is white, so it will add to a cheery, bright atmosphere, and it’s a whopping 71″ standing desk workstation. The table has a contoured edge so it’s comfortable.
- The height is adjustable from 29 inches to 48 inches, and it takes just one second to lift 1.3 inches.
- The one-piece fixed steel beam gives this adjustable desk added stability.
- Dual motors allow for easy controlling and a 225 pound weight capacity.
- The screw-less levers are super-easy to assemble.
- Desktop – Unlike other desks with particle board tops, this one has a top made with Medium Density Fiberboard with high-pressure laminate that is super strong and sturdy.
- Heights – Adjusts to multiple heights quickly and easily using a two-button controller.
- Price – Compared to other similar models, this adjustable desk is reasonably priced.
- Size – The size is really large and may take up more space than you can give up. Be sure to measure carefully.
Standing Workstation – Ergo Elements Raisable Desk with Electric Programmable Button Base
If you have a good desk top already, this is going to be an ideal motorized standing desk frame for it. The electric controller lets you program your own height settings for maximum comfort while working.
- An electric controller with a programmable height setting mounts to the bottom of your table top.
- The frame is adjustable from 40 inches to 66 inches in length, and 37 inches to 45 inches in height.
- Can accommodate table tops up to 84 inches long and 36 inches wide.
- There is also a 25-inch cross support for added stability, allowing for the weight of a dual monitor setup.
- Price – If you have a good table top, this motorized standing desk is much less expensive than buying a complete standing adjustable desk unit.
- Assembly – This raisable desk is easy to assemble, and you can use the instructions and/or an online instructional video.
- Health Benefits – Enjoy being able to stand up and improve your circulation and avoid eye strain at your standing workstation.
- Noise – There may be a humming noise coming from the motor that can distract you.
#1 DIY Raisable Desk – HighRise Electric Height Adjustable Table Base for Sit-to-Stand Desk
This is our #1 choice if you are looking for a table base that lets you convert your very large desktop to a sit and stand variety, this is an excellent motorized standing desk option. This raisable desk can expand to fit a very large desk top.
- This raisable desk unit has a dual motor that offers a lift of 330 pounds.
- The control box and motors are both UL and CE Certified.
- This raisable desk frame can support a work surface measuring up to 74 inches wide.
- The motor works quickly and quietly, and there are four programmable height pre-sets.
- Speed – This motorized standing desk frame lifts at a speed of 1.5 inches per second to four height pre-sets for your comfort while working.
- Range – The height adjustment range is 28 to 48 inches, making this unit ideal for people of all heights.
- Accessibility – This unit is large enough to be wheelchair accessible, and there is plenty of leg room.
- Stability – Some customers say that the legs seem to wobble after a few weeks of use.
Standing Desk Anti-Fatigue Mat
The best accessory you can buy for your standing workstation is support for your feet. While standing at work is a huge benefit to your health overall, standing all day does have a few side effects on your feet. You’ll need to pick up a standing desk mat to relieve pressure on your feet, back, legs, neck, and shoulders.
Most people who work on their feet either buy padded footwear or buy anti-fatigue mats for comfort… and foot comfort is a major consideration if you are moving from sitting to standing all day. If you’ve spent 8 hours a day sitting, your feet will have and adjustment period.
Your feet will have an adjustment period during the first few weeks so pick up a reliable anti-fatigue mat to support your feet, knees & legs. The Ergodriven Topo anti-fatigue mat is an excellent option for alternating between sitting and standing. It’s comfortable and has multiple surfaces and densities for fidgety feet. You can slide it under an adjustable desk and push it out-of-the-way with one foot.
We prefer the Ergodriven Topo because of its benefits & features, but there are a lot of other anti-fatigue mat brands which will do the trick. Depending upon the area you have to stand in, and the overall appearance you want in a standing desk mat, shop around until you find one with the price, reviews and features you think you’ll need for your standing workstation. Compare Ergo to other anti-fatigue mats on Amazon and read reviews!
Standing Workstation Reviews Conclusion
Whether you are looking for a complete adjustable desk setup, or you just need a frame, as you can see, there are some great Varidesk alternatives available. Each standing desk riser or adjustable standing desk table will do what they are supposed to do, which is ensure that you can stand up and sit down without stopping your workflow. You will enjoy the health benefits of standing, and be able to sit when you feel like it. These adjustable height desk units will give you the best of both worlds.
Want to gain confidence? Learn about Power Poses that will help you gain confidence over time without being a jerk!
See All Standing Desks on Amazon
Authority Nutrition advice on Standing Workstations: https://authoritynutrition.com/7-benefits-of-a-standing-desk/
Lifehacker advice on Standing Desks: http://lifehacker.com/the-hidden-psychological-benefits-of-a-standing-desk-955696631