FluidStance Plane Review
The coolest standing desk accessory we’ve seen is the FluidStance balancing board. It’s not just a level anti-fatigue mat, it’s like a skateboard, balancing board without wheels.
It has a raised cone underneath that provides a pivot and a flat board on top to provide a level for you to balance and SURF through your workday.
Backed by research, FluidStance helps those who stand up all day to have better energy expenditure, heart rate, balance, and mobility.
We put the FluidStance® deck through rigorous testing in two separate phases of our development process to optimize design functionality and benefits. Research was conducted via the Heeluxe Testing Lab, a private science center for footwear research and innovation, and Mayo Clinic, a nonprofit medical practice and medical research group…. The Level increases energy expenditure by 19.2% compared to sitting—well over the 10% threshold that qualifies a product for NEAT™ certification (NEAT™ stands for the science of Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis, developed by Mayo Clinic). When using your Level, you’re actively burning calories by allowing for more movement throughout the day. – FluidStance
FluidStance & Standing Desks
FluidStance balancing decks add roughly 2.5 to 3 inches of height to your workstation – which is great if you have a standing desk to work from. FluidStance is optimal if you have a standing desk workstation because it will give a naturally fidgety body an opportunity to keep moving while working. Different than a walking standing desk, the FluidStance decks give you left to right, up and down mobility. They say that the effects of moving your heel up and your toes down, and vice versa, are like walking.
By adding a Fluidstance deck to your work station, you’ll benefit from standing longer with more energy exertion.
“Just step on and start flowing.”
If you are into the balance board idea for your standing desk but can’t afford the FluidStance price tag, here is the FluidStance & some FluidStance alternatives.
- Clean and stylish design means the Plane can live anywhere, whether a work environment or your family room
- Compact and easy-to-use, easily stored out of the way
- The Plane is designed and built in California, USA, is composed of recycled materials, and is recyclable
- 83% of our users are happier when they're on one of our decks
- The Plane can accommodate weight up to 200-lbs.
- Keep Kids Moving: the Grade from FluidStance is an easy way for kids to add motion to their daily tasks at home and helps get the wiggles out.
- It's Fun: whether kids are doing homework, reading, watching TV, or gaming, the Grade adds a bit of fun to the activity.
- Focused Energy: the Grade's motion is subtle and non-distracting, so while your kids are burning energy, they can also focus and get stuff done, including homework!
- Eco-Friendly: made from recycled plastics like milk jugs for the base and recycled rubber tires for the top deck, the Grade is good for your kids and good for the planet!
- Made in the USA; can accommodate weight up to 125-lbs.
- Fully adjustable - each user can customize their experience
- Brings movement into a regularly static workday
- Silent, non-marking legs provide cushioning while standing
- Canadian made