- Best Varidesk Alternatives for your Desk
- Why buy a Standing Desk?
- Standing Desk Options
- Here are some of the TOP Varidesk alternatives you can afford today:
- VIVO Height Adjustable Standing Desk Gas Spring Monitor Riser
- Ergonomic Stand Up Desk Computer Workstation – Varidesk Alternatives
- VIVO Adjustable Standing Desk Sit to Stand Workstation – Varidesk Competitor
- Ergotron WorkFit Sit or Stand Desktop Workstation – Varidesk Alternative
- Halter Adjustable Standing Desk the Perfect Varidesk Alternative to Sit or Stand While Working
- FlexiSpot Wide Platform Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser – Varidesk Competitor
- Mount-It! Sit Stand Desk Adjustable Height Monitor and Keyboard Stand – Varidesk Competitor
- VIVO Height Adjustable Desktop Stand & Stand-up Workstation Desk Platform
- Origami Style Cardboard Standing Desktopper Tester Model:
- Must-Have Standing Desk Accessory Alert:
- Varidesk Competitors & Varidesk Alternatives Conclusion
Best Varidesk Alternatives for your Desk
You’re looking for one of the best Varidesk alternatives because you are sick of sitting all the time at work… and you have been researching the Varidesk brand. It’s a great desk, but maybe your budget doesn’t work with its price point.
We get it, and so do Varidesk competitors. That’s why there are some awesome alternatives to the popular Varidesk on the market.
Why buy a Standing Desk?
Sitting all day at work just isn’t good for your body. If you sit at your desk all the time, you probably suffer from weight gain, stiff joints, boredom, and other issues that come from a sedentary desk life.
It is recommended to follow a schedule to gradually increase your stand up time during the workday:
For those occupations which are predominantly desk based, workers should aim to initially progress towards accumulating 2 h/day of standing and light activity (light walking) during working hours, eventually progressing to a total accumulation of 4 h/day (prorated to part-time hours).
To achieve this, seated-based work should be regularly broken up with standing-based work, the use of sit–stand desks, or the taking of short active standing breaks.
Along with other health promotion goals (improved nutrition, reducing alcohol, smoking and stress), companies should also promote among their staff that prolonged sitting, aggregated from work and in leisure time, may significantly and independently increase the risk of cardiometabolic diseases and premature mortality. – British Journal of Sports Medicine
What to look for when buying a VARIDESK Competitor Standing Desk
When looking at adjustable height monitor and keyboard stands, there are certain features that you want to keep an eye out for. These include:
- Multiple levels for your monitor and keyboard
- Ample room for at least two monitors or desktop accessories
- Easy access to your cables
- Can hold 20 pounds +
- A gentle contoured edge for max comfort on your arms
- Option to adjust to many heights for shorter and taller people
Standing Desk Options
There are a lot of VARIDESK alternatives (often misspelled as Veridesk) that are comparable in features and comfort, and most times, less expensive than a Varidesk desk standing desk topper.
Here are some of the TOP Varidesk alternatives you can afford today:
VIVO Height Adjustable Standing Desk Gas Spring Monitor Riser
Vivo is a well-known Varidesk adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand competitor. This Vivo standing desk workstation riser works by using an innovative height lock mechanism which is activated by the single pressure handle in just a few short seconds. The gas spring force allows for smooth movement up or down to adjust it to the right level for you to work.
- Expansive surface provides great space for single or dual monitor setup.
- The lower deck holds both keyboard and mouse side by side.
- Some, but minimal, assembly is required out of the box.
- Includes a plush wrist pad that sits on the lower deck for comfort.
- Height – Adjusts from 6” to 17.5” and locks at several different intervals to suit your own size.
- Adjustment – Adjusting this unit is easy. Simply squeeze the handle, and in seconds you can be in a standing or seated position.
- Use – Gas springs create smooth and quick transitions for an easy adjustment up and down. The unit weighs 44lbs so it’s easy to raise and lower with a smooth gas spring adjustment.
- Not many – Be sure to measure your desk and read the customer comments on size before you buy so you don’t get a desktopper that’s too big for your work area.
Ergonomic Stand Up Desk Computer Workstation – Varidesk Alternatives
The Stand Up Desk Store makes an excellent adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand. Stand Up Desk Store is one of the better Varidesk competitors. If you are in the market for a completely new desk, this is a good option if you are buying a brand new desk for your office.
Sitting all day can negatively affect your posture – this adjustable height monitor and keyboard stan can help to improve your posture as well as your circulation*. The two-tiered design ensures that the monitor is positioned at eye level. This model comes in 3 sizes: 24″ | 32″ | 40″
- You can get a perfect setup with lower and upper shelves that adjust in one-inch increments.
- Two shelves let you have the monitor at a height that minimizes eye strain.
- This unit is on three-inch casters, making it easy to move to any room.
- All ANSI/BIFMA standards have been met in the production of this standing desk.
- Appearance – This unit has a silver-gray powder coat finish that ensures it will look great for many years to come.
- Assembly – This desk is easy to assemble, and you don’t need any special tools.
- Casters – The casters lock in place, so this desk won’t move around until you need to move it.
- Adjusting – You will have to remove and replace screws in order to adjust the height of this desk. And, if you want to sit down, this stand up desk won’t lower to a fully sitting position.
VIVO Adjustable Standing Desk Sit to Stand Workstation – Varidesk Competitor
Here is a quality adjustable workstation by Vivo which is a VARIDESK competitor that lets you go from sitting to standing in just a few short seconds. The dual gas spring force allows for smooth movement to adjust it to the perfect level for you.
- The top surface is 36 inches by 22 inches, so you have loads of room for two monitors.
- The two-tiered assembly allows you to have the monitor at eye level to reduce eye and neck strain.
- There is no assembly required. Just take this unit out of the box and start using it.
- A steel frame can hold up to 37.5 pounds of weight.
- Height – There are eight height levels you can adjust this Varidesk alternative to so you can customize it for your particular height requirements.
- Adjustment – Adjusting this adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand is easy. Simply squeeze the handle, and in seconds you can be in a standing or seated position.
- Tension – The counter balance tension is adjustable to make upward movements easy.
- Screws – The screws strip easily, and can come loose and fall out.
Ergotron WorkFit Sit or Stand Desktop Workstation – Varidesk Alternative
The Ergotron standing desk is a adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand that lets you convert virtually any desk into a standing desk. All you have to do is put it on the desktop, and it is ready to use. It’s tops in the Varidesk alternatives if you are on a budget.
- This adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand unit is designed to save space, and doesn’t come out past the desktop.
- You can have a dual monitor setup on this unit, and it will hold up to 40 pounds.
- Adjustments are fast and easy, and there is no noise.
- This adjusts to various heights, and is ideal for those who are over six feet tall.
- Space – The top tier can easily accommodate two monitors, or a monitor and a laptop computer.
- Cord Holders – There are adhesive cord holders that mount right under the top surface to keep your cables organized and out of the way.
- Assembly – This Varidesk alternative is ready to use right out of the box. No assembly is required.
- Space – It’s almost too big for the desk even though it fits it well, there may not be enough room to write or use your desktop when necessary.
Another Varidesk competitor is Halter. They make a line of products which compete with the other adjustable standing desk Varidesk alternatives. This standing desk model is easy to raise up and down on your desk top, so you can switch between sitting and standing while you work in a matter of a few seconds.
- This Varidesk alternative comes completely assembled. You can start using it as soon as you take it out of the box.
- It is small enough to fit on most desktops, and in any small office space or cubicle.
- This is a sturdy standing desk topper even when it is extended to the full height.
- The squeeze handles make adjusting this unit quick and easy.
- Health Benefits – Being able to sit and stand allows you to change positions and avoid repetitive strain injuries.
- Space – There is plenty of space for two monitors, or a monitor and a laptop, with plenty of room to spare.
- Universal Size – Perfect size for almost any desk size or cubicle space.
- Weight – You won’t be able to move the Halter Standing desk (Varidesk alternative) around all the time as it is quite heavy at almost 43 lbs.
FlexiSpot Wide Platform Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser – Varidesk Competitor
Flexispot makes excellent & affordable Varidesk alternatives. You can easily have everything you need for your job on this adjustable height monitor and keyboard stand, including a keyboard and two monitors. It adjusts quickly and easily with just a quick squeeze on the handles.
- The Flexi Spot gas spring hovering system lets you easily adjust this standing workstation.
- The keyboard tray has a wide, deep surface that can accommodate both a keyboard and a mouse.
- The straight up and down movement ensures that you have plenty of space, but it doesn’t take up space.
- There are 12 height levels to choose from.
- Ergonomic Benefits – The various height levels allow you to sit and stand at various times during the day, giving your body a break.
- Weight – This unit can support as much as 35 pounds of weight.
- Stability – A fatigue test involving 6,000 height adjustments ensures this unit is sturdy. It has been tested for stability, movement, and balance.
- Keyboard Tray – Even in the down position, the keyboard tray sticks out, so it could get in your way.
Mount-It! Sit Stand Desk Adjustable Height Monitor and Keyboard Stand – Varidesk Competitor
Mount-It! Sit Stand Desk Adjustable Height Monitor and Keyboard Stand is a quality adjustable workstation with a dual monitor mount and c-clamp attachment which doesn’t take up space on top of your desk. This mounts on the back of your desk and gives you some workspace underneath. Sit or stand effortlessly because this does raise and lower as needed. It’s a unique version of the Varidesk alternatives on the market.
- Easy-to-use gas spring arm system.
- Height adjustable to 3 different levels depending upon your needs.
- Plenty of space for a mouse and mouse pad combination.
- Easy installation with a c-clamp on the back of your desktop.
- Load Compatible – Heavy-duty load capacity of 28.6 lbs fits most monitors and keyboards.
- Installation – C-clamp design for optimal stability and surface area contact to keep the stand secure.
- Storage – There is awesome secondary storage tray to support laptops, documents, binders, notes, work, and more.
- Fit – Read reviews & specs to make sure it’s compatible with your desk style. Not all C-clamps will fit all desk tops.
VIVO Height Adjustable Desktop Stand & Stand-up Workstation Desk Platform
This Vivo standing desk workstation is height adjustable using pins and holes in the legs to raise and lower the desktop. This is a great flat work surface for most desk tops and uses. Use it not only for a computer, but for crafting, drafting or writing while standing. VIVO makes excellent Varidesk alternatives for your office.
- Flexible use – can be used for drafting, crafting, writing or used as a workstation in your office.
- Easily movable due to its light weight.
- Each leg uses snap locking pins with six different levels of height adjustment for quick adjustment up and down.
- Rubber feet keep this standing workstation from slipping during use.
- Workspace – Large work surface at 32″ x 22″ for your computer, writing, drafting, crafting or whatever you need a standing workstation for.
- Ease of Use – Pull the pin out and adjust from 11.5″ up to 16.5″ tall from the table top.
- Weight– This light-weight desk top doesn’t have a lot to make it heavy. It’s easy to use on your desk top or to move around in your office or home.
- Not too many – Be sure to measure your desk are to make sure this fits and read the customer comments on size and adjustability before you buy.
Origami Style Cardboard Standing Desktopper Tester Model:
If you are just getting the idea to try out a standing desk, you can buy an affordable cardboard origami style desk topper (pictured here) that can sit on your desk. This cardboard desk top riser is an excellent TEST for your laptop or monitor, and this standing desk alternative comes in at more than a fraction of the cost of a mechanical adjustable height desk. This is a pretty good Varidesk alternative until you decide to pull the trigger.
The Spark by Ergodriven is the perfect “Start Standing Now” standing desk to practice with. If you want to try standing before investing a lot of money into a desk top riser, the Spark standing desk topper comes in 3 sizes depending upon the height of the customer. Check the price for the size: Small Medium Large
Must-Have Standing Desk Accessory Alert:
You should also buy an anti-fatigue mat so you get the full experience and comfort for your feet. An anti-fatigue mat from Varidesk is a good place to start.
If your budget is tight, creating a Varidesk alternative out of stuff in your house or home office is possibly the least painful to the pocket book option.
There are also Varidesk competitors (Veridesk) who make excellent anti-fatigue mats that will do the trick.
Varidesk Competitors & Varidesk Alternatives Conclusion
As far as adjustable standing desktop units, you really can’t go wrong with any of these Varidesk alternatives. They are all comparable to some of the best VARIDESK models, but most are lower in price. A desktop unit makes it easy to convert any desk into a standing unit, so you can sit and stand at regular intervals without stopping what you are doing. If you are looking for a VARIDESK alternatives, we are sure you can find what you want on this list.