- Adjustable Standing Desk Reviews
- Best Adjustable Standing Desk Reviews
- VARIDESK Adjustable Standing Desk Converter Pro Plus 36
- Rocelco ADR Height Adjustable Desktop Riser | Dual Monitor Compatible With Retractable Keyboard Tray
- Halter ED-258 Height Adjustable Sit or Stand Desk Riser
- FlexiSpot Wide Platform (35″) Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser with a Removable Keyboard Tray
- VIVO Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser | Tabletop Sit to Stand Workstation
- Smonet Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser for Desktop Computer Monitors
- X-Elite Pro Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter
- Stand Up Desk Raisable Desk – Raisable Desktop Converter- Sit to Stand Monitor Riser
- UpTrak Standing Desk – Converts Any Desk or Cube to a Sit or Stand Up Desk
- Halter Manual Adjustable Height Table Top Sit or Stand Desk
- Adjustable Standing Desk Converter Final Thoughts
Adjustable Standing Desk Reviews
When you are sitting and working at a desk all day, it can lead to a number of health problems. The solution is to both sit and stand, but you need to have a work station that will accommodate this. That’s when an adjustable standing desk comes in pretty handy. Researchers have linked sitting for long periods of time to over a dozen frightening medical conditions. Studies reveal a benefit greater than running and training for marathons can be had if you get off your butt and get onto your feet.
Standing for a few hours each day over the course of a year has massive benefits. You’ll reduce the risk of heart disease, lower back pain, gaining massive amounts of weight, diabetes, heart attacks, and more from standing a few hours a day (as well as adding exercise in).
There’s good news for people like you and I who want to be healthy but still get 40 hours of work in at a desk. Standing desks let you get the health benefits of standing in while still working hard on all those projects that normally keep you glued to your seat every day. With such an awesome benefit from a nominal investment, what’s keeping you from buying an adjustable standing desk today?
What to Look For in an Adjustable Standing Desk
If you have never used an adjustable height desk, you may be wondering what to look for. Some of the features you want in your standing desk include:
- Adjustability – manual or electric (see Smonet below)
- Multi-Level Surfaces
- Spaces for Cables and other desk items
- Ability to Lift 20 lbs or More
Best Adjustable Standing Desk Reviews
You can avoid a lot of health problems simply by adjusting your working positions. Having a stand / sit desk is going to make that easy, because you can stand up or sit down and still do your job.
Some adjustable standing desks have a contoured or cut out area for your to stand in. This is a good option, however, any of these adjustable height computer desks with or without contour edges are going to be ideal for your standing workstation needs. Compared to sitting all day, a contoured edge or straight edge standing desk is still better than sitting all day.
There are numerous adjustable standing desks on the market, and they can range greatly in price. This can make buying one of these desks difficult, because there are too many to choose from. With this in mind, we have compiled a list of our favorite adjustable standing desks.
This is the ideal standing desk for those who need larger work spaces, such as those who use a dual-monitor setup. It has two tiers, so you can have the monitor up higher, making it eye level, and plenty of room for your keyboard, mouse, and other items on the lower level.
- Adjustable to 11 different heights and positions for total comfort while working.
- Complete stable in any position, including fully extended.
- Large enough for a dual monitor setup.
- Spring-loaded lifting mechanism.
- Moves Quickly – It just takes a couple of seconds to go from sitting to standing.
- Many Positions – 11 positions make it easy to stand, sit, lean, etc.
- Assembly – No assembly is required. This is ready out of the box.
- Lifting – You need to put a bit of muscle into adjusting this desk as it can be difficult to lower and raise.
Rocelco ADR Height Adjustable Desktop Riser | Dual Monitor Compatible With Retractable Keyboard Tray
Here is a height adjustable desktop riser standing desk that has a large work surface and a keyboard tray large enough to accommodate a laptop. The tray is ergonomically designed to keep your keyboard at a comfortable position and avoid wrist injuries like carpal tunnel.
- Can hold and lift up to 50 lbs.
- Allows you to sit or stand while working, which is going to help you to avoid repetitive strain injuries.
- Large, ergonomic keyboard tray is at just the right height.
- Ready out of the box, so no assembly is required.
- Surface – The large work surface gives you plenty of room to work.
- Easy to Adjust – You can easily stand and sit in seconds with the smooth height adjustment.
- Monitor – Because of the location of the keyboard tray, there is no need for a monitor riser.
- Locks – The locks are in the back and can be difficult to reach.
Halter ED-258 Height Adjustable Sit or Stand Desk Riser
Stand up, sit down, and stand up again. You can keep doing this easily when you have this adjustable standing desk. It is easy to adjust, and it comes ready to use right out of the box. You don’t have to assemble anything. This is an excellent sit to stand workstation for the money.
- Adjusts easily simply by squeezing the handles.
- Takes just a few seconds to go from sitting to standing and back again.
- Set the topper section on any desk or table and it is all ready to use.
- Comes with a one year warranty.
- Weight Allowance – This desk can easily accommodate weights up to 47 pounds.
- Desks – This unit can be used with just about any desk. It is a universal size.
- Sturdiness – This standing desk is sturdy at any height.
- Weight – This is very heavy, so don’t plan to move it around often.
FlexiSpot Wide Platform (35″) Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser with a Removable Keyboard Tray
This standing desk riser has a removable keyboard tray, and a nice, large work surface. There is plenty of room for everything you need to work with. You can easily have your monitor at an appropriate reading distance with this sit to stand desk converter.
- Enjoy 12 different height levels to sit or stand in any position while working.
- Supports up to 35 pounds of weight.
- Extensively tested for stability, movement, and balance, including fatigue testing.
- A wide keyboard tray gives you plenty of room for a keyboard or laptop.
- Movement – This unit moves straight up and down. There is no need for extra office space.
- Health Benefits – Improve blood circulation, relieve back and neck pain, relieve arm pain, and more by changing positions while working.
- Sizes – Available in black or white, and in three sizes.
- Size – This is bulky, and doesn’t always fit onto smaller desks
VIVO Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser | Tabletop Sit to Stand Workstation
Go from sitting to standing in seconds without skipping a beat in your work with this adjustable standing desk monitor riser. The gas spring makes raising and lowering fast and easy, so you don’t have to be stuck in one position all day long.
- The adjustable range is 6.5 inches to 16 inches, and is done with dual gas spring force.
- The large work surface can accommodate a dual monitor setup.
- Dual tier design is ergonomic, and will help to reduce many workplace injuries.
- Assembly is as easy as putting it on your desk and getting to work.
- Weight Allowance – The steel frame holds up to 37.5 pounds.
- Appearance – The frame is an attractive black finish that goes with any office décor.
- Height – There are eight points of height adjustment so you always have the ideal working position.
- Size – The keyboard tray is smaller than others, and will likely not accommodate a laptop
Smonet Height Adjustable Standing Desk Riser for Desktop Computer Monitors
If you need plenty of working space, and you use two monitors, this is a great adjustable desk for you to consider. It has a large keyboard tray that can accommodate a laptop, and the desk surface area can hold two monitors and much more. Smonet’s version pictured here is a black manual standing desk topper, but they also make an electric standing desk topper and a white monitor riser as well.
- The gas spring is strong, and can handle loads weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Spring lets you easily move the desk up and down to various positions in seconds.
- You can work in comfort because you are able to move around.
- Easy to Use – Move the desk up and down easily while it holds your computer gear, laptop, etc.
- Assembly – This unit is ready to use as soon as you get it. Take it out of the box and start using it.
- Appearance – This is black in color, so it is going to look great with any type of office décor. It is also not so large that it sticks out like a sore thumb. See white version in link above if your office has a lighter touch.
- Tray – The tray doesn’t slide out on both sides
X-Elite Pro Height Adjustable Standing Desk Converter
Here is an adjustable standing desk converter that works in seconds using a pump-assisted lift. It has a huge surface, and can easily accommodate two monitors, or a monitor and a laptop.
- The ergonomic height range goes up to 16 inches, so you can set it up for the height you prefer.
- This unit comes fully assembled. All you have to do is take it out of the box and set it on your desk.
- The desktop is made from laminated particle board
- You can choose from four colors: black, white, maple, and cherry.
- Weight – This unit weighs just 27 pounds, but will hold weight up to 20 pounds.
- Design – Be comfortable all the time with a desktop unit that has been designed for complete ergonomic comfort.
- Height – You can raise this anywhere from one to 16 inches, making it ideal for most people.
- Lifting – If your monitor is heavy, it can take some effort to lift this unit for a standing position.
Stand Up Desk Raisable Desk – Raisable Desktop Converter- Sit to Stand Monitor Riser
Add an additional 15 inches of height to your work space with this standing desk converter. Made with a strong steel base, it has a pneumatic air cylinder that makes raising and lowering easy.
- Using this standing desktop unit can help to improve your health, and prevent various health problems associated with sitting a lot.
- The movement is quick and easy, with no jerky movements.
- The chamfered edges provide a comfortable space for your wrists while you are typing.
- This unit fits onto virtually any desktop, and is ready to use right out of the box.
- MDF – This unit is made with sturdy MDF (medium-density fiberboard), which is sturdier than plywood.
- Pneumatics – Pneumatic technology lets you easily adjust the height for your perfect comfort level.
- Health Benefits – Using this desktop unit will result in improved overall health.
- Springs – The spring doesn’t always give the lift you need, and you have to do some manual lifting to get this to the standing position.
UpTrak Standing Desk – Converts Any Desk or Cube to a Sit or Stand Up Desk
This is an award-winning standing desk conversion kit from UpTrak. It is priced right, and gets great customer reviews.
- It takes just three seconds to raise or lower this desk manually.
- No hydraulic system is used. Just unlock the levers, put it into position, and lock the levers again.
- Ideal in size for smaller desks, but still offers plenty of room for your computer and other items.
- Keyboard tray will fit either a keyboard and mouse or a laptop computer.
- Lightweight – This unit weighs just 15 pounds, and is easy to set up in just a few minutes.
- Right or Left – There is plenty of room on the keyboard tray to use a mouse right or left-handed.
- Health Benefits – This unit will help you to reduce repetitive stress injuries and eye strain.
- Sturdiness – Some customers report that this unit doesn’t seem as sturdy as others when in the standing position.
Halter Manual Adjustable Height Table Top Sit or Stand Desk
This adjustable height desk topper fits most desks in any office or cubicle and is adjustable with a simple turn of the handle. Find the freedom to sit or stand as needed at an adjustable height to fit you ergonomically.
- Crank control for easy height adjustment.
- Switches from sitting to standing position quickly.
- Fits most desks in any home or office.
- Movements up and down are extremely smooth.
- Good out of the box – Fully assembled and is easy to set up in just a few minutes.
- Warranty – This sit or stand desk has a full one year warranty.
- Easily Adjustable – Turn the crank clockwise until you have reached your desired height.
- Noise – It’s a little noisy when cranking so it may be better for a home office or a louder workspace.
Adjustable Standing Desk Converter Final Thoughts
Sitting all day is not good for you and there are a lot of negatives to working from one position without moving around. And, traditional desks don’t allow you to stand and work comfortably. Finding the right standing desk is easy because there are so many options on the market. Any of these standing desks risers are going to make working a lot more comfortable for you and get you out of your seat.
Americans usually spend more than 50 percent of their waking hours sedentary, and we know a sedentary lifestyle is hazardous to our health. Because standing promotes a more active lifestyle, standing desk benefits may be able to increase life expectancy, lessen the risk of chronic disease, improve blood sugar and cholesterol levels and boost productivity. Experts agree that standing an additional two hours dispersed throughout the workday is ideal to optimize standing desk benefits. Dr. Axe
Most standing desks are easy to use, and comparable in price. You are making a great investment in your health and Desk Life World, no matter which one you choose.
Huffington Post Benefits of Standing Desks: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thomas-b-trafecanty/the-benefits-and-consider_b_9996782.html
Authority Nutrition: https://authoritynutrition.com/7-benefits-of-a-standing-desk/